Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New York and Lisbon


Are on the same latitude. Not remotely surprising in the summer, somewhat more so when the temperature dives between January and early March. Above all though New York is changed in character by rain. Our Avenues have deep cambers caused by the cut and cover subway construction (which also accounts for the booming noise in the city) and these create lake like conditions often 2 metres across at street corners. This demands the footwork of a dancer and the footwear of an angler. Shops fill with designer wellies, umberella sellers magically appear at every corner and just as quickly taxis disappear like vapour.


People say that the English are obsessed by the weather but I think the New Yorkers can give them a run for their money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! Blog information posted here is absolutely my friend. I just after to say board up with comments and quality work. IE browser bookmarks to your blog ethical in the present climate, I l come back to regard my friends more in the unborn! The color of the layout is not bad, it is mild on the eyes.